I have a serious love of music. I listen to it all day and can’t get enough of discovering new artists – there is so much talent in this world and it saddens me that I will never get to discover it all. I love to go on iTunes, SoundCloud, YouTube, and even Instagram to find new music. I’m starting a new Music series on my blog, because it is something I have great interest in and I want to share with you the artists I love.
I’ve compiled a list of what I’m currently listening to – although this is an ever-changing list:
- Joseph – I Don’t Mind This harmonic sister trio gives me goosebumps. Their voices are so smooth, sweet, and powerful, especially together. I was a big fan of them when I discovered their Honest video on YouTube last year, but then I got to see them in concert with James Bay (and got to meet them!) and became an even bigger fan of theirs.
- Castro – Good for You Another family band with one of its members, Jason Castro, being an American Idol alum. Their harmonies blend so beautifully, and their lyrics are fun and relateable.
- The Roosevelts – This is Life This band is a little bit rock, indie, and maybe a hint of country. I love this song because it’s about traveling. All the songs on their album The Greatest Thing You’ll Ever Learn are awesome.
- Goody Grace – Two Shots You can’t help but nod along to this song – it’s so catchy and a good riding in the car song. I can’t find many songs by Goody Grace, but the ones I did find are all very good. I was going to see him in concert with Gnash, but that show got cancelled (big sad face).
- Oh Wonder – Technicolour Beat This duo is incredible! I saw them at Rams Head Live in Baltimore not too long ago. They are quirky and mega talented! Their whole self-titled album is brilliant – their lyrics and beats are addictive.